- 12 ounces shelled, cooked, and cooled edamame, about 2 cups, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup tightly packed fresh cilantro or parsley leaves
- 1 large garlic clove, sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown miso
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon red chili paste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
Place the edamame, onion, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, miso, salt, chili paste and pepper into the bowl of a food processor and process for 15 seconds. Stop to scrape down the sides of the bowl and process for another 15 to 20 seconds. With the processor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Once all of the oil has been added, stop, scrape down the bowl and then process another 5 to 10 seconds. Taste and adjust seasoning, as desired. Serve with chips or crackers. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- 1 pound edamame, fresh or frozen, in or out of shell
- 1/4 cup water
- Kosher salt, optional
Place the edamame and water into a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 4 to 6 minutes. Drain any excess water and serve as is or salted.
Yield: 4 servings