Monday, February 22, 2010

Cookies this week!

On Sunday we were in the high 70's tomorrow there is a chance of snow, no lie! Texas weather is crazy, but I feel it is that way everywhere this year. I have 3 cookies that are my goal to make this week, depending on how tomorrow at work goes we will see if I get them all done.

Cookie One is....

Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies, yes people cookies with bacon in them. How could you not want to try them just once. This comes from a new blog I found and LOVE called Joy the Baker :)

adapted from The Gourmet Cookbook

makes 15 cookies about the size of your palm

Print this Recipe!

1 cup all-natural chunky or smooth peanut butter

1 cup sugar (1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar)

1 egg

1 teaspoon baking soda

about 6 slices of bacon, cooked, cooled and dices

In a skillet over medium high heat, fry up bacon until cooked through and let cool on paper towels until cool enough to dice. Dice up and set aside.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Grease a baking sheet with butter and set aside. In a mixer combine peanut butter and sugars until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add egg and baking soda and mix for another 2 minutes. Fold in cooked bacon. Roll into large walnut sized balls and create a cris-cross pattern with a fork. If you’d like, roll the dough balls in granulated sugar before making the cris-cross pattern. Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on a baking sheet for five minutes, then transfer to… your mouth.

The second cookie is another adventure! This one is from Good Eats, which we have been watching everyday for almost 2 weeks now. It's called The Chewy Gluten Free Recipe. It's tons of ingredients that I have never worked with/never heard of before. Whole foods had them all though.

The last recipe is going to be my favorite one I feel. I had to buy Butter Crisco for a recipe a while back and have some left over. I also have a WHOLE bag of chocolate chips and you know what that means! It's Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Time people!! I can't wait for this one.

Best part is that I also get to try out my new toys, the kitchenaid and I got an awesome hand held shifter.


No comments: