Monday, February 22, 2010

Kitchenaid Love

Yesterday here in Texas it was a beautiful warm and sunny day. What did we do on our day off together? We went shopping everywhere for a 9 cup kitchenaid food processor. I know that you are asking yourself why?? Why didn't you hangout outside and enjoy the day. I will show you why!

Edamame Dip Recipe from the show Good Eats with Alton Brown. I am HOOKED on Edamame, if I could eat them everyday I probably would. They are so yummy and yet so healthy for you too! I feel that is always a bonus, let me tell you.
We haven't made it yet, but I will let you know how it goes. I feel it is on the list for this weekend after the Home and Garden show!! I can't wait, but isn't she so pretty. We are now only missing the blender and the super mixer which will both be bought before summer comes. I so need a margarita like there is no tomorrow.

Ingredients

  • 12 ounces shelled, cooked, and cooled edamame, about 2 cups, recipe follows
  • 1/4 cup diced onion
  • 1/2 cup tightly packed fresh cilantro or parsley leaves
  • 1 large garlic clove, sliced
  • 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon brown miso
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon red chili paste
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 5 tablespoons olive oil

Directions

Place the edamame, onion, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, miso, salt, chili paste and pepper into the bowl of a food processor and process for 15 seconds. Stop to scrape down the sides of the bowl and process for another 15 to 20 seconds. With the processor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Once all of the oil has been added, stop, scrape down the bowl and then process another 5 to 10 seconds. Taste and adjust seasoning, as desired. Serve with chips or crackers. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.


No comments: