Friday, October 22, 2010

Baking is in the AIR!!


I woke up this morning and my cough was back on the attack so that put a lot of my plans on hold for the day i.e: the dentist and the gym. I did get everything else done and more so in the end it is all working out.

When I was eating breakfast this morning (Bob's Mill Rolled Oats, flax seeds, raisins, pecans, and cinnamon) it started to pour! I was in heaven, even thinking about taking a nap then I decided to come upstairs and see what my bookmarks held for me :) I hit the food fun one and came across so much that I had forgotten I wanted to try. Here is the plan:

Dinner:
Slow cooker pot roast with carrots, celery, potatoes, and cream of mushroom soup all on top of pearled barley. I know that is a lot of carbs, but my potatoes were dying I had to use them :)

Island pork tenderloin salad, this is from the P90X cook book and is amazing!

Dilled pot roast with a light gravy, over either pearled barley again or egg noodles, we have both so it will just be up to what we feel like.

Pork Chops, they were on sale only $2 you can't pass that up! They will be with either rice/quoinoa or baked beans.

This will last us for about the next week and a half worth of meals, now that I am home for dinner every night we need a BIG plan. We have been sucking and eating out like 3 times a week for dinner because I just don't want to think about what to make for dinner once I get home.

Now the fun part! Dessert!!

Today I already made Candy Corn Bark, which I got from (Pampered with Paige) http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e5520c1f5b88330134878e4d87970c who got it from
http://www.recipegirl.com/2008/10/23/candy-corn-cookie-bark/ Recipegirl!

Next it is up for great debate, should I do...

Pumpkin cookies with butterscotch chips (above from joy the baker) or Pumpkin Oatmeal cookies with Cherries and White Chocolate chips. It's just too hard!! Don't worry though I bought everything!

Dinner just beeped, off I go. Oh! Went and saw RED today it was really cute, and has a high chance of going on the must buy list. First up though it KINECT! I can't wait to play the dancing game and sing along downstairs.


No comments: