Sunday, November 21, 2010

Being Free!


I am so happy today, why you ask... because I have 2 days off in a row. That hasn't happened since I went to Florida in September. Yesterday we went to Gruene TX for the Market Days and it was a BLAST!! After walking around the Market Days we went to the Grapevine where you can get 3! free tasting of wines. I am not a big wine drinker at all, never found one that I like at all. When our friends wanted to try some and asked for the sweeter wines, I was like why not?!? I won't find anything that I like. J and I tried the same three ones; Sister Creek Pinot Noir, Driftwood Orange Muscat, and lastly but not least in any way, Braman-10. The Driftwood Orange Muscat and the 10 were amazing, we started with a glass of 10, then moved on to a bottle of Driftwood Orange Muscat, then bought another bottle of Braman-10 for this week's Thanksgiving. No lie, by 2:30pm I was GONE!! They had run out of crackers so I only got one serving of spinach dip, I was very sad about that one. It was a blast to sit out on the porch drinking wine with amazing friends and people watching which is one of my favorite past times.

Next week we are going to New Braunfels, Texas for Wassailfest! Again I have never been and it sounds like tons of fun. I am hoping for a cool clear night with a bright moon where we can walk the streets drinking cider. If you have never been to either area and you live close by you should 100% check it out. I still have to figure out a plan for getting to Fredricksburg this holiday season too. Off to research Christmas Trees and see if I want to get one , no lie I will probably have one by Tuesday. I would like to have all my Christmas stuff done this week so when I am super busy at work I can come home and be a bum on my couch looking at the tree.

No comments: