Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The New Year Diet; early!


Today at work a bunch of the sale staff came into the health club to weigh themselves. I asked what was going on and they are starting a Biggest Loser contest TODAY!!! That is correct folks, 3 days before Christmas they are starting to diet. They asked if I wanted to join, and I said sure. I need something to get myself a kick in the butt. I weighted myself this morning and I am one pound away from being the heaviest I have ever been! I only have two pairs of pants that fit, and one is getting tight fast.

We are doing a 60 day Biggest Loser contest, which means it will end February 19th, 2011. This means it will run over Christmas, New Years, and Valentines Day! Who thought of this crazy idea anyways? I have my new Flat Belly Diet Book which I had planned on starting next week, along with the new Zumba studio and my Gold's Gym membership! I can do this!!

I talked with Jrod today and my goal is to lose 10 lbs, but he feels that it should be 20 lbs. We will see, I just want to get the first 10 lbs off and see where it leads to. More than likely I will be losing the 20 lbs, I am going to give myself to around my birthday in April to lose it. My starting weight is 134 lbs. so the goal is now 114 lbs. All my weight is from my waist to about mid leg, so I am very pear shaped. My upper body doesn't gain weight but I am hoping to gain muscle up there. Really I want to lose the jiggle and get muscle. I am going to follow the Flat Belly Diet and then a program on the IPAD. I can't remember it right now, but I will find out. I want to be able to run, and I mean run a full half marathon by before summer. They have 12 weeks plans to train for it, so we will see if I am able to stick with it for the month of March. That is when I fell apart last year, along with summer time.

I need to figure out how to balance life, working out, and work. That is going to be a whole adventure for the next up coming year. I am all up for it what adventures 2011 hold for me. I am really hoping for better health, a better body, more me time, and really wanting to move!!

What are your goals for 2011? Did you start your list?

No comments: